Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Jaki Jest Numer Seryjny Na Nero Vision Express

licorice. How refreshing

Image: Louis Haghe




Water licorice. How refreshing rabbit




Today I will tell a curious story.

The story of a rabbit.


may more than one you know the name of "water of licorice" one of the stories of the mischievous William, by Richmal Crompton, he was very fond of taking it.


(Guillermo in the picture)

others may sound more to you musiqueta ...


But ... what is very nearly certain is that if I say " Coco, coconut, fresh coconut " think: this aunt is doing the clip.

Y yes, maybe, and even the most seasoned say, and moreover it is a story of Maupassant. As well.

(original text by Maupassant and coconut in the next post ...)



But the point is that, apart from my trips to clamp several or not, today we will talk the story of a rabbit.

Yes indeed, anyone who joins underground and in a way peculiar to coconut licorice.

When I was young it was common to see vendors licorice sticks (in image) , I do not know why they were known in my area students as "palulús" but that's another story.

The point is that I never knew, though if I had read a thousand times in the stories of William, is the famous liquorice water so it tasted yummy him.

And even less could have imagined when I read Maupassant other, it also meant the same thing.

Lo and behold, there you go past years and fall into the fact that a strange translation of the time made what is known as a "false friend" with the term: coconut.
You will see:

cooking water licorice root macerated with a little lemon, and sometimes garnished with mint, is an ancient remedy to beat the heat in summer times already was used as an effective remedy in ancient Egypt.

And now you can still see these vendors on the streets of Cairo. (pictured)


In fact it was so common in the whole area that the root of the matter came to Mesopotamia where, and 4 million years ago Babylonians used it to strengthen the immune system.


course they do not call it, of course. But they realized that gave them force and strength, besides arrangements stomach problems, including heartburn and ulcers.

Tan is so happy at the tomb of Tutankhamun have been found the famous palulús of my childhood ...


words, not mine itself, of course, because he is somewhat older than me ... But it's funny that at the bottom were like kids in
my school ... and go to the grave chewing palulú ...


"perhaps the poor would suffer from gastritis?

I do not know.

But aside tombs centuries, Arabs, pains and such ... in Europe, In contrast, the licorice-water directly inherited from Syria and Iraq, was very popular in the streets of Paris and Brussels during the eighteenth century.

And when I say street I mean literally on the street, as were the street vendors who with his Arabic source-a replica of those, the expression "wearing your belt and plump silver cup, walked up and down shouting that from:

"Coco, coconut, coconut fraise" ...

coconut, fresh coconut ... would imply that ...


And in Spain, if any there:

"Licorice, licorice water, nice and cool .."

any case, and even today do not think there is already such a street market anywhere in Europe, the drink in question, then, and speak of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, eventually rising to fashion.

And not only for its effectiveness or taste, but also because it was a very pleasant drink out FETEN price.



Ole how well, look you: three in one. Well, nice and cheap


Today, in these days when we suffer such heat, and economic hardship at work, I say, would not it be interesting to re-circulate a similar market rate ?

always caught my attention the famous stalls of homemade lemonade with which American kids (and elsewhere inspire) Styes were drawn to their doorstep. Here I do not think ever existed. At least I never saw them.

If anyone ever saw was only in the cartoons of Charlie and Snoopy , children illustration, or something similar.


Nor ever saw a water seller of licorice or anything else street, unless that vendor caramel apples that I said (read HERE )

And so, something like that, relatively speaking ... souvenir kiosks horchata, slush and water of barley in Madriles had before, but I do not know even if they continue. Quite possibly not


I said ... Now it seems that times have given us the clout to appearances, and return all to a more natural lifestyle and simpler, more artisan and such, along with scorching heat ... Why not dust off old professions and flavors? I do not know, something like that ...

I think so would accommodate certainly a type of soda as water craft licorice. Is also rich with medicinal.

do not know ... That threw the ball. In case anyone wants to hear




0 comments:

Post a Comment